[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] TDF logo proposals
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] TDF logo proposals
- From: K-J LibreOffice <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 19:50:39 +0200
- To: LibO Design-Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
as I told at Telegram channel I send my thoughts per email.
First: I'm happy that you take care of this. It was one of my long time
projects to get a TDF logo.
Second: Per se I really like the idea of a roof in the logo. A roof is
(for me) a very strong symbol for TDF: a pars pro toto . The TDF is
the house of LibO and DLP, it is its protection. Perhaps you can work
with this figure.
Third: There was a discussion in 2016  that we (especially the
Marketing team) need a squared or nearly squared logo. When we have the
logo with a written text of "The Document Fountation" it will getting
very stretched and perhaps unreadable.
So the logo should work with the text and without the text. It works
like a blazon (coat of arms). It should be recognizable as "this *is* TDF".
These are my 2cts.
I hope you can understand my thoughts. And I hope to see many more very
good suggestions on this topic from you.
Member of TheDocumentFoundation
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-AUG-28 (WED)
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Aug-22
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-AUG-28 (WED)
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-SEP-05 (THU)