[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 13:45:53 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
So we have
* Eve wants to _manage_ her presentation on a web browser to flexibly control it from everywhere, eg without adequate interface.
* Eve wants to run the remote control primarily on _touch screens_ and systems without keyboard.
* Eve wants to _start_, _stop_, _pause/resume_ timed presentations, go to _next/previous_ slide, and _jump_ to a particular slide as primary functions.
* Eve also wants to "select slide mode, swipe mode, blank screen, resume from blank screen"... (no idea why she wants this).
* Eve wants to get _feedback_ on the presentation status and when the connection is lost as this is crucial for remote interactions.
I wonder how to load a presentation. Wouldn't you expect to connect to some service where all odp's are listed and you pick one? What I could imagine as a use case is some kind of advertising installation where your slides starts over the whole day and you just check the proper function.
My mockup at https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/s66wtgP76YDpbCD has three sections: on top a ControlsBar containing icons with labels for the primary functions and a (hamburger) menu for secondary things, a PreviewArea where the currently shown slide is highlighted and the slides are indicated by names, and below a StatusBar that lists all respective information in a known way - and becomes red in case of errors. The Balsamiq file for this image is at https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/biXXbZwPLnCCoPL
Comments are welcome.
On 03.08.19 11:35, Rasmus Jonsson wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
> Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 11:20:32 +0200
> From: Rasmus Jonsson <email@example.com>
> To: Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project
> On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 08:02:30 +0200
> Heiko Tietze <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Hi Rasmus,
>> we support your work with pleasure. As raw code is not the daily
>> bread it would be good when you describe the functions. From what I
>> can see in https://imgur.com/a/M5uPar3 you have 7 (unlabeled)
>> controls on top, an info box in the middle or previews of the slides.
>> And a footer.
> Alright, some further information would be useful of course. I hadn't
> made any graphics since they're temporary, but here you go:
> Buttons: start presentation, stop, start with timer, select slide mode,
> swipe mode, blank screen, resume from blank screen, online status,
> presentation status.
> All this is based on the Android app. Your description is correct.
>> Further questions: Who is the target audience (average
>> user, experts, admins)
> Average user, anyone who would show LibreOffice presentations on a TV
> screen in a conference setting, for example.
>> Where does the console run (what could be the
>> replacement for GitHub)
> I don't understand this question, sorry.
>> What hidden functionality is there (right
>> click on previews)?
> No hidden functionality, I suppose hover over buttons to get
> a description would be good.
>> And last but not least also how much can be
>> configured by the user (eg. the orange color on top).
> I had not considered this so I would say nothing. Again I am basing
> this off the Android Impress Remote and tried to make it look similar.
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project||Rasmus Jonsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Fw: [libreoffice-design] Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project||Rasmus Jonsson <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Fw: [libreoffice-design] Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-AUG-08 (THU)
- Previous by thread: Fw: [libreoffice-design] Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Design/ UX advice for my GSOC project