[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: Safe Mode dialog
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: Safe Mode dialog
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 10:19:07 +0200
- To: LibO Design <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Samuel Mehrbrodt <email@example.com>
The mockup made it to the second iteration. So far we have the following topics to discuss:
* Short button labels Apply/Cancel instead of Apply Changes and Restart/Restart in Normal Mode (beside the length, at least Cancel is more clear; Samuel's argument is that these buttons not just close the dialog but restart LibreOffice)
* Get Help changed to Submit a bug report (the link points to https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/feedback/; would expect "help" with the current label)
* Show user profile (Samuel argues that QA is often being asked where the data are stored and it is an advanced function for admins; I believe that users should not fiddle with the files)
* the overall UX, of course
Alternative ideas are welcome.
On 16.05.19 14:51, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> The Safe Mode was introduced with version 5.3 and some users struggle with the UI, recently in tdf#120269. Samuel is open to modifications when we agree on the new layout. So I made a first proposal in https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/Zj8nsETFTyPgeEB and would like to discuss it in the next design meeting.
> Please take a look and comment on Nextcloud or per message to the mailing list.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|[libreoffice-design] Safe Mode dialog||Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Safe Mode dialog
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice, Icons For Telegram Channels
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Safe Mode dialog