[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time
- From: Tomaž Vajngerl <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 17:13:31 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: libreoffice-dev <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 1:38 PM Jan-Marek Glogowski <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> 2. Deliver SVG icon sets
> * Proposal for 6.2: ship extra SVG variants, so a user can select them manually but still switch to PNGs on problems?
That would be great - at least to get colibre_svg, breeze_svg and
elementary_svg packaged and provided to the users as an "experimental"
> ** Defaults to pixelated PNG scaling, as status quo
> * Current patch provides zips for the SVG directories and automates links.txt creation for them
> ** Should a user explicitly select SVG themes?
Yes, definitely.. for now. Our SVG rendering is not perfect so let's
do it step by step.
> ** Should SVG be the default, so we can get rid of the PNG icon sets, if SVGs exist?
No. PNG by default then once we decide SVG is good enough, we get rid
of PNG and use SVG for everything.
> ** Or automatic fallback, when we need to scale, so we combine both types in a zip? Icon may change when scaling.
That would just complicate things and prolong the status quo.
> ** Are the PNG variants actually pre-created from SVG?
They are, but currently this is done by the icon designer.
> ** For OpenGL scaling is actually done in HW with shaders.
Yes, when using OpenGL, scaling is done with shaders on the GPU
(that's not fixed function HW however. It's a program - there is no
fixed function hardware for 3D anymore in modern GPU design).
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|[libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time||Jan-Marek Glogowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Topic for design team to investigate: Content hosting consolidation on ask.libreoffice.org
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time