[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] New tool for compare files .odt
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] New tool for compare files .odt
- From: Regina Henschel <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:24:47 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
schrieb am 16-Oct-18 um 23:48:
Can you create tool for compare two files .odt ? Can you create tool which can in " tree view " shows two folders with .odt files and mark indent files ? Thanks.
You need to specify, what "identical" means for you. Keep in mind, that two files will likely differ in the meta data, in case they are handled by LibreOffice. Only copy using your operating system keeps the meta data. For finding such duplicates, I would look for a tool at level of OS.
To get a content comparison you can open one file and then use menu Edit > Track Changes > Compare documents. It changes the opened document so, that it equals the one, that you have chosen for comparison. The changes are visible in the "Manage Changes" dialog. You can see what is different. If the dialog is empty, the two documents are identical in content. Do not worry about "changes the opened document". You need only close it without saving to keep the original content.
Which problem do you want to solve with such a tool?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|[libreoffice-design] New tool for compare files .odt||<firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Zoom in grid
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Diablo mode window
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] New tool for compare files .odt
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Zoom in grid