[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- From: Cor Nouws <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 12:24:18 +0200
- To: Pedro <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
Pedro wrote (15-06-14 08:12)
> Cor Nouws wrote
>> I thought about (and mentioned) adding a setting there too.
>> But on a second thought, I'm afraid it will not make much sense.
>> - most of the time people work with dark on light, or light on dark
> If you work with dark on light (the most common use), Light Blue is too pale
> especially with thin fonts.
> I already had mentioned that it was too late for any automated mechanism,
> but at least a manual option would allow to choose any colour (even black!
> for those who prefer the old setting).
> Too late for that too. Branch 4.3 has reached UI freeze so you can't even
> add a setting to change it even if you could code it yourself. Light Blue it
So you agree with my suggestion (third dash) below?
>> - fine tuning for special cases needs a per document or per paragraph
>> - that is impossible/impractical with the appearance setting
>> - so the easiest solution is say 60 or 50% grey
>> - full automatic solution needs much more work, but is only relevant in
>> relatively (very) few situations
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer http://www.libreoffice.org
- The Document Foundation Membership Committee Member
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters||Pedro <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters