On 05/13/2014 10:54 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Robinson, *,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:49 AM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
I got some very specific rules for logo submission from a conference:
They are only specific if they would actually refuse submissions not
created with the listed applications, but I doubt that..

---
[Submit either] 1. Adobe Illustrator or Freehand eps file, (vector
file) with fonts outlined (this is very important: [we're] not
responsible for providing fonts for printing sponsor-submitted logos.)
or
This is understandable. Even if the fontfile is included, different
Operating Systems have different font-layouting engines, so the
spacing will not match 100% - let alone the question of different
variants of a character and ligatures in modern fonts. So having the
text as a graphic object and not as text helps to avoid rendering
differences.

2. 300 ppi Photoshop TIFF, EPS or JPEG file of your non-animated logo.
  The web logo will appear on a white background.
And for bitmap (as opposed to vector) formats, they just require a
high-enough-for-print dpi.

1) Does this file meet their EPS requirements?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_Initial-Artwork-Logo_ColorLogoBasic.eps
Probably, but not 100% sure.

2) Any idea why they do not accept SVG or PNG?
Their equipment is so old, that they don't have support for that..
Probably they could handle png just fine, just that they have that
statement for several years, and why change? :-)
no problem converting png to tiff though, both support lossless compression.

ciao
Christian

I have had "old equipment" issues with a company creating tee-shirts and sweats for a local company. I sent them JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, and several other file formats and not one of them worked with their old Mac system that creates the ink-screening "template". Had to send the guy the font and a image in his email [which would not work for the old system] so he could recreate the logo himself to match ours as best as he could on his system. Not 100%, but "good enough" for our Board of Directors, when he sent his file back to me, that worked on my Ubuntu system.

That is the reason I always ask about equipment and file format requirements. Most times I can find a company that does not have problems, but that "printer" was local and had the best pricing.