Hi all,

I'd like to comment some of the comments here (wow), but first I'd like
to answer Andrew's proposal / question.

Andrew, the current wiki page is already an interim solution until we
have figured out a better way to offer extensions and templates. Our aim
- at the moment - is to finalize our very first release including all
the primary web infrastructure (e.g. website).

That said, we are happy to have the "libreplanet" site offering the
extensions. On the other hand, LibreOffice will already ship some
extension per default - there will be less need for users to deal with
the extension sites (although the user interface gets more cluttered).
In the long run, improving to offer "real" extensions (not shipped) will
require much more than a new website ... we currently fail with the
concept of "download --> file --> manual installation --> delete file".

Feel free to have a look at the development mailing list - there has
been a thread called "Extension manager improvement" starting
2010-12-12.

Well, let's continue with the website stuff ... maybe some of you find
some valuable comments / thoughts, the text is a bit longer :-)