[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?
- From: Christian Lohmaier <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 16:54:39 +0200
- To: Robinson Tryon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Robinson, *,
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:49 AM, Robinson Tryon
> I got some very specific rules for logo submission from a conference:
They are only specific if they would actually refuse submissions not
created with the listed applications, but I doubt that..
> [Submit either] 1. Adobe Illustrator or Freehand eps file, (vector
> file) with fonts outlined (this is very important: [we're] not
> responsible for providing fonts for printing sponsor-submitted logos.)
This is understandable. Even if the fontfile is included, different
Operating Systems have different font-layouting engines, so the
spacing will not match 100% - let alone the question of different
variants of a character and ligatures in modern fonts. So having the
text as a graphic object and not as text helps to avoid rendering
> 2. 300 ppi Photoshop TIFF, EPS or JPEG file of your non-animated logo.
> The web logo will appear on a white background.
And for bitmap (as opposed to vector) formats, they just require a
> 1) Does this file meet their EPS requirements?
Probably, but not 100% sure.
> 2) Any idea why they do not accept SVG or PNG?
Their equipment is so old, that they don't have support for that..
Probably they could handle png just fine, just that they have that
statement for several years, and why change? :-)
no problem converting png to tiff though, both support lossless compression.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?||Kracked_P_P---webmaster <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?||Robinson Tryon <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] EPS logo with fonts outlined?