[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?
- From: Stefan Knorr <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 13:31:29 +0100
- To: Robinson Tryon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Robinson, all,
> I need to show up with a list of tasks for users to perform (about
> 15-30 min worth). I've a few ideas off the top of my head, including
> testing the sidebar, but I'd be grateful for additional input.
Sounds awesome. Will it be possible to get video footage of users? (Two notes:
please get some data on the users (age, sex, computer usage habits) +
make sure users explain what they are doing and thinking all the time.)
Some ideas ...
* Start center:
* On a fresh installation, ask if they are confused by the whitespace on the
* Ask users what they would expect behind the Extensions button
(before clicking it of course)(see also bug 75563) (Do users understand what
* Ask users to create a new spreadsheet, a new presentation
* Writer: styles:
* Ask users if they understand what a style is (and if they're using the
* Ask users to write two paragraphs of random text
* Ask users to create a paragraph and a character style
* Ask users to apply these styles to one of the paragraphs
* Ask users to reset styles
* Writer: auto-generated tables:
* Ask users to create a document with headings etc. (or maybe provide one,
to make it quicker)
* Ask users to create a table of contents
* Ask users to change a heading and make sure the table is in sync
* Writer: page number:
* Ask users to insert a page number in the format "Page n of m" into the
footer of a document
* Writer: Working with templates
-- though I am not sure if the template manager is in good enough shape for
this (there are very obvious pain points), so no proposal what to do here
* Calc: conditional formatting:
* Have they ever used it? Do they understand what it is?
* Apply a colour bar to a range of cells
Hm... too many Writer proposals. Anything useful among these?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?||Robinson Tryon <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?||Robinson Tryon <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Tasks for UX testing?