Re: [libreoffice-design] Application background

Hi Christoph, all,

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Christoph Noack <christoph@dogmatux.com> wrote:
> [...]
> But, Andrew, concerning your proposal: I'd like to discuss your idea
> again ... in a few weeks, once LibO 3.3 is released (and thus, some
> people have a bit more time). I prepared a mail some days ago to ask the
> development to work with us to harmonize much of the branding stuff and
> to bring some "fresh" air into LibO. This is based on what I've seen in
> the past, e.g.:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/5/53/Ivan_StartCenter_Proposal_wireframe.png
>
> Ivan, do you remember? :-)

Of course :). I found it interesting that Word 2010 has gone back to a
(light) gray background after the more branded blue background in the
2007 version (compare [1] and [2]). I wonder if there was a usability
reason behind this?

It might be better to allow users to set a specific color for the
background, but have a subtle branded option by default? In any case,
a nice drop-shadow effect to surround the page as Hillar suggested
would do a lot to modernise the appearance of LibO.

Regards,
Ivan.

-----
[1] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/MS_Word_2007.png