Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2026 Archives by date, by thread · List index


Hi Chris,

I guess the easiest would be to join the design telegram group t.me/LibreOfficeDesign <internal:username_link/LibreOfficeDesign@562951099039968> and read the UI guidelines:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Guidelines

and/or running UX Design Jam with UX students at Loughborough Uni.

Usually, in design jams people try to invent new approaches to problems. There sure is potential for this in office applications, but it is not easy, aside from the problem of actually implementing it.

If students are interested in evaluation: I think it could be helpful reviewing basic features and workflows for their compliance with the Nielsen heuristics and our own design guidelines (see above) and potentially coming up with improvements within the limits of our UI widget set. Heuristic evaluations [1] are also good group activities, so I can imagine them to work well in this setting

I want to contribute a new theme specifically for people with dyslexia
As a theme for the user interface or a theme for documents?

Regards,
 Jan

[1] https://www.nngroup.com/articles/how-to-conduct-a-heuristic-evaluation/


Am 23.09.2026 um 12:40 schrieb Chris Parker:
Hi there


   1.
I want to get involved in LibreOffice’s UX Design. That can be my expertise as a UX Designer, 
and/or running UX Design Jam with UX students at Loughborough Uni.


   1.
Also, I want to contribute a new theme specifically for people with dyslexia (e.g., following BDA style 
guidelines<https://www.thedyslexia-spldtrust.org.uk/media/downloads/69-bda-style-guide-april14.pdf>)
 to increase LibreOffice’s inclusivity.

[Screenshot 2026-09-23 at 11.37.19.png]
Regards
Dr Chris Parker (he, him)
PhD.; C.ErgHF MCIEHF; SFHEA
克里斯 帕克 博士

Senior Lecturer in UX Design

Read My Latest 
Papers<https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?hl=en&user=oQbSNL8AAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate>

Editorial Board Member:
Humanities and Social Sciences Communications<https://www.nature.com/palcomms/>
YouTube
Design eLearning 
Tutorials<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzvEHXd_578xes74hf9lC-Q?view_as=subscriber>
Podcast
Practical UX<https://open.spotify.com/show/2fkItLymnFyOWToyo9F03l?si=6637e95941654947>

[Image]<https://ergonomics.org.uk/membership/registered-membership.html>
🪒<https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2017/17431-razor-emoji.pdf><-- I invented this emoji


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: design+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.