Hello all,

the next design/UX meeting is on Wednesday, Sep/02, 20:00 Berlin/CEST/GMT+2
resp. 6pm/18:00 UTC.

This time we have the special agenda and will discuss the two-years plan as
announced in [1].

Input so far:

#1 Mozilla-like plugin/themes system to tweak the UI (Csongor)

#2 unify "brand/layout" and UI on all platforms (Andreas)
#3 theming engine for the different platforms (Andreas)

#4 migration of all UIs to the Notebookbar framework (Pedro)
#5 Simplify and decrease the number of UIs on offer per platform (Pedro)
#6 Improve UI/UX in specific OSes, polish visual niggles, adopt universal office
suite shortcuts, uniformize the branding of the modules (Pedro)
#7 Uniformize tool usage between modules (Pedro)

And I'd like to add some requests from BZ, see also [2]

#8 tdf#37134 Tabbed UI: Document-per-tab (similar to Firefox, Opera, gedit) MDI
#9 tdf#37932 Support for Editing and Creation of SmartArt
#10 tdf#51733 Update icons for high-resolution HiDPI / Retina display
#11 tdf#91874 A Search by function or keyword over main menu-- similar to
SpotLight, Tell Me, or Ubuntu's HUD but native for LO GUI
#12 tdf#115439 SVG-Icons should be preferred over PNG

Finally, we have a pad with ideas for GSoC at [3].

The meeting will be held on IRC (the Telegram bridge works smoothly; the Matrix
to Telegram bridge omits messages from IRC however). You can use the webchat to
access IRC as guest:
https://irc.documentfoundation.org/?settings=#libreoffice-design

Looking forward tomorrow,
Heiko

[1] https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/2020/msg00095.html
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Statistics#Bugs
[3] https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/UX-GSoC_Ideas
--
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: heiko.tietze@documentfoundation.org