Hello,

My name is Kristi and I'm a designer based in Tirana, Albania. I was introduced to the LibreOffice community before LibOCon Tirana 2018 where I had the opportunity to work for the co-creation of LibOCon Tirana 2018 visual ID. After the event I was searching for LibreOffice communities on Telegram app and found out that there are different LibreOffice icons used for these channels, or no icons at all at some cases. Here is an example on how LibreOffice Telegram channel look from my app:

As you can see, it is quite confusing navigating through these channels if you are part of many groups related to LibreOffice.

I thought that it would make more sense to have the same look & feel of these icons and create a more consistent look visually. After some research i found out that there are two different groups of icons:
a. based on the country and language of the community;
b. based on the theme of the Telegram group (main channel, design channel, localization,etc)

My proposal is to replace the current icons with flat icons. Flat design is standing for years as very usable for websites and iconsincluding the onesrelated to Telegram app. The list of the icons is based on the The Document Foundation Wiki (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Web_Sites_services#Telegram). The new icons' colors are from LibreOffice branding guidelines (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding), except the red one (#FF0B23).

Hopefully this will create more consistency for community members that are navigating Telegram groups related to LibreOffice :)

You can find the proposals here in two different folders for countries/languages and different thematic:
https://cloud.collective68.tech/s/woaLKjDgNjjjxSK

Best regards,
Kristi Çunga