Am October 30, 2018 9:29:57 AM UTC schrieb Michael Meeks <email@example.com>:
* Release Engineering update (Christian, Xisco)
+ 6.0.7 rc3 status
I was told yesterday that 6.0.7 final is already tagged and out. If not, I ask to include the fix
for tdf#119020 "Icons are corrupted on Windows when scaling UI / OpenGL"
It's actually not Windows specific and the fix is simple IMHO.
I have two additional bugs / patches for icon handling, where I would like to get input. Would
appreciate some input from design and marketing. /me hopes for not much bike-shedding, so I added
some proposals, which are hopefully acceptable.
1. Change the icon scaling algorithm quality from ::Fast to ::Default or ::Best quality in
* Proposal: just try ::BestQuality in 6.2 and eventually revert, if it turns out to be too slow?
* Is a slow first start acceptable, like comments in tdf#119020 suggest?
2. Deliver SVG icon sets
* SVG icons supported since 5.3, but we don't ship the icon sets
* Initial WIP patch: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/62706/
** See long commit message and additional comments
* Proposal for 6.2: ship extra SVG variants, so a user can select them manually but still switch
to PNGs on problems?
** Defaults to pixelated PNG scaling, as status quo
* Current patch provides zips for the SVG directories and automates links.txt creation for them
** Should a user explicitly select SVG themes?
** Should SVG be the default, so we can get rid of the PNG icon sets, if SVGs exist?
** Or automatic fallback, when we need to scale, so we combine both types in a zip? Icon may
change when scaling.
** Are the PNG variants actually pre-created from SVG?
** For OpenGL scaling is actually done in HW with shaders.
I won't make it to ESC today.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
- [libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time · Jan-Marek Glogowski
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy