Well, I totally back Kainz.
Even more so when he says he completed plenty of the icon sets and is
providing support.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 9:58 PM, kainz.a <kainz.a@gmail.com> wrote:

*Colibre backport for 6.0 to get a bigger audience*
+1 stuart

backport the zip file for the icon theme would'n be a big deal
but introduce a new default without a previous release could be an issue.

As already written Colibre follow the icon guidelines from MSO
and since yesterday Colibre is complete. So now I'll make design fixes
and when someone find a missing icon, I'll happy to fix it.

*One icon theme for all platforms*
-1 heiko

In general it's a good idea to have a brand or cooperate design,
but we have Breeze for KDE/Plasma, Tango for Gnome,
Elementary for Elementary and Colibre for Windows.
In addition LibreOffice use also the platform style (gnome, kde, windows)
so when you want one icon theme, than you should make also only one style.

As I wrote I'm not again move icon themes to the extension wepage,
but than LO should also get a unique design and don't fit each platform
as much as possible.

*Galaxy and Tango*

Galaxy is somewhere "hardcoded" into the code (I don't know where)
so I'm not sure if it's possible to remove Galaxy.

Tango is unmaintained and fare away from complete.
I moved the existing tango svg icons to a separate folder so that
the svg files wasn't shipped any more with the images_tango.zip file
this reduce the zip file from 8 mb to 1 mb.

*Breeze, Elementary and Colibre*

I updated Elementary icons for 6.0 and now Elementary is finished like
breeze or colibre. I also maintain all three icon themes. And I think I did
it well in the last years. All three icon themes are made in inkscape so
all are available in svg and png. And I'll vote for make all three svg icon
themes available in LibreOffice Online.

*Community Vote*

Last time we vote was a disaster (mascot, sorry). I'm again a community
vote
cause I don't see a benefit Colibre was designed for Windows 10 and it
fit's
what if the community say we want to have Elementary default. I would be
again this vote also if you choose breeze. I like both and I think breeze
is the most modern icon theme, but it was designed for plasma not for
windows.

I see a benefit if we involve the community to make colibre better
to report bugs, ...

*My vote*

I will vote for no change for remove icon themes from the core repository
and Colibre as default for LibreOffice 6.1
Backport for LO 6.0 would be fine but no default change in LO 6.0

And sorry I can't participate the design meeting tomorrow.