Le samedi 13 février 2016 à 17:50 -0300, Bastián Díaz a écrit :
El 13-02-2016 16:18, Heiko Tietze escribió:

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 16:12:44 CET Yousuf 'Jay' Philips wrote:

Hi All, During this week's design meeting, the discussion about
changing the default font in Impress to Source Sans Pro (tdf#97577)
was discussed further and i felt that changing the default font in
only one app isnt good when we are trying to bring more and more
consistency between apps and suggested we change the default in all
the apps.

If we change the default font then in all apps, yes. And Source Pro is
really
nice, without prefering it over the other cadidates.
However I'm in the interoperability camp. Changing font that
potentially
affects existing documents and leads to inconsitencies in competing
products
is not user friedly. Unless we ask for confirmation to update the font.
I have
a dialog in mind that tells the user what's new and asks for
confirmation to
updated options (we had the same issue for the menu configuration that
couldn't
be overridden when individualized).

Heiko's comment makes sense.

Interoperability is an important pillar which should be maintained,
especially for those users who do not make major changes to create/edit
a document. For a more advanced user is provided the ability to change
the font or install new to the system.

Based on my experience as a user I propose the following (always works):

- For libreOffice Writer/Calc --> Google croscore fonts
   Caladea and Carlito they have the same metric as the default font used
in Microsoft Office.
I'd like to mention Linux Libertine [1], which is already shipped with
LO. It has the same metrics as the old Times New Roman, but with (IMHO)
a much nicer look with a great care given to detail. It also contains a
rich set of ligatures, small caps, as well as advanced
Graphite/OpenType features (the Graphite version is packaged
separately). It covers Latin, Greek, Cyrillic and Hebrew (the latter
isn't covered by Carlito).

It's companion Linux Biolinum is also a very high-quality sans serif
font.

My personal experience is that these fonts often get very positive
feedback from people who didn't know them, in particular MS Office
users accustomed to Calibri.

My two cents

1: http://www.linuxlibertine.org/index.php?id=2&L=1

- For libreOffice Impress/Draw --> DejaVu font family
   DejaVu fonts are installed by default on most OS also is a font with
very good display on monitors. Wide range in Unicode support and several
useful styles, for example to create a presentation. If not the case,
Carlito font could do the job.

note: I think it should be consistency between the default font in LO
and the font used in the default templates in LibreOffice.

Cheers