Am 24.07.2015 12:28:27, schrieb Szymon Kłos:
* when opening the "Open Remote", and there is no service added yet, the
  "Add service" dialog should open directly
I wouldn't do so. It's pretty clear that no service has been configured.

I've already implemented this and rest of kendy's proposals (not marked
as 'to be discussed') :) I will push my changes to the master branch
then you will be able to try it.

Had a discussion with Kendy on IRC. His argument is convenience and unambiguousness - no need to
click the 'add service' button where nothing else is possible (when the add service dialog is
canceled you end in the empty dialog). I care about consitency and user expectation - to run
functions automatically is a wizard-like behavior and not common in Libreoffice; the mental step
from open remote file to add service needs to be done anyway. Another disadvantage is that writing
a guideline for dialogs is not getting easier.
Both opinions are valid, and if we do not get more input here either the user or the developer
decides eventually.

* when opening the "Open Remote" dialog, either the list of files should
  be populated (using the currently selected service), or some feedback
  should be given that some user action is expected first
+1 for showing the list of files
(currently the list is updated when an item from the service dropdown is
selected)

Most of services needs authorization, so first the login box appears and
then files will be shown (if password isn't remembered). Problem I have
is: if password is no needed, dialog will appear only after getting
files from remote server. During this time LO is not responsive.

If we automatically start the add service function we could also present a list of services to
choose one in order to initialize the dialog. Alternatively, the dropdown with predefined services
should be empty or showing the advice 'Select a service'. And if all fails we rather add the
refresh button instead of requiring the user to click somewhere.

I also have a proposal to add "New Folder" button in the save mode. Now
it is possible to save files in the existing directories only. When user
want to save in a folder other than root, must create it using other
tools.

 Same as for my resentments about adding the refresh button: If dialogs may show any buttons we do
not manage consistency (at least at the dialog bottom). But I agree with small, toolbar-like
buttons without caption perhaps, above the list of files. And of course the context menu may (and
should) provide the functionality.