Hi Regina,

Thanks for the info, though the scope of what were are targeting is of
inserting a chart into a document by means of the uno command and not
copying and pasting a chart from one place to the other. Thanks for
pointing out that the wizard does come up in writer if the uno command
is run within a table.

The idea for the sidebar is likely that when you select a chart OLE,
that the sidebar would have a 'chart' section in the properties tab
where you would be able to modify various aspects of the chart without
having to go into chart edit mode. Not sure how viable this from a
programming standpoint though.

Regards,
Jay