May I please introduce myself quickly?

Following a thread in discuss@documentfoundation.org which was started by someone else as 'Non-corporate user representation?' I made a suggestion about the 'Help > Send Feedback' web page and I have been encouraged to continue that here. Part of that discussion I will post here shortly.

FWIW, I have been working in IT in various roles for almost 50 years, and of course I'm getting rather old now. Quoting from my bio "Fascinated by the way electronic communication and the PC are transforming the way we work and play, I am dedicated to open and effective systems. Once a lecturer in Engineering at University College London, the majority of my professional life has been spent in Information Technology. Early on, I helped to write commercial database software. Later, I was heavily involved in the development of Shell's world-wide PC standards. Later still, I had the opportunity to advise Shell management teams in the Far East and Australasia on improving their IT activities."

I hope this is sufficient background and that you will help me to make something useful of the suggestion.

--
Mike Hall
www.onepoyle.net