Hi Sophie,

Sophie píše v St 05. 11. 2014 v 09:18 +0100:

I won't be able to be here (I want to attend the QA call which overlap)
but I've an item I've already spoke about some times with Jay.
Would it be possible to take care of the length of the strings in other
languages than English. I know our dialogs should adapt better now that
we have .ui files, but it's not always the case and we still have some
of them with truncated strings.

Can you give me an example, please?  I am not 100% sure what you mean by
'to take care of the length of the strings' - as that is something that
the translators can influence, not the authors of the dialogs...

Testing one time with FR or pt-BR or DE would be enough (they are of the
longest) and would avoid a whole process of change > l10n > bug > change
again > l10n again. Of course if you need me for that, I'll be available
to test (I just need to know how :)

One way to decrease the roundtrip there is to teach the translators how
to modify the dialogs.

It is not hard; I've just put together a wiki page how to do that,
please let me know if the instructions are clear enough - the best would
be if you can try to follow them for a dialog that does not behave well,
and let me know what was not clear [or update the page if you find your
way :-)]:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/How_to_Improve_Dialogs

All the best,
Kendy