Am 18.10.2014 um 00:00 schrieb Mirek M.:
Perhaps we might want to reevaluate our use of Redmine altogether?

That was our purpose by testing it.

Forums are nice because they allow attachments, but it seems that no firm
decision has been reached with regards to letting go of the mailing list,
and it's clearly still being used (as evidenced by this thread, which is on
the ML only). A lot of community members had reservations about using
Redmine Forums -- perhaps there's a better way to deal with the attachment
problem, or perhaps it's not really a problem.

I don't think that we should use any Forums. The attachments could put in the tickets we create.

Issues aren't being used properly (some community uproar there, too) and,
with the wiki being cancelled, the idea of having a central place where we
do all our work is out of the question.

We won't get any central place.

Unless TDF wants to start backing up the wiki in Redmine and unless we
start using Issues as a complement to Bugzilla rather than as an
alternative, it might be best to leave Redmine completely.

IMHO we should not leave it completely:
Bugzilla is mainly used for UX but not for VI-marketing stuff (badges, logos, flyers etc.). We should discuss and announce on ml. We should cancel the Forum and the Wiki but not the ticketing in Redmine (especially not for VI). If we leave Redmine the Design proposals for VI will migrate to marketing place in Redmine or something else.
See also Florian's explanations about Redmine:
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/698#change-2011
If we use Redmine as it is provided it will work.

You know that I don't think about UX- but only for VI-marketing work.

Let me give an example: To work on the design material for the next LibO-Con Redmine is a really good place to manage it. We can ticketing, time stamp it, attach, we have a central place for information on that case. I don't need a Redmine wiki or a Forum for that. Discussing will be on ml.

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation