Hi Jean-Baptiste,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure <jbfaure@libreoffice.org
wrote:

Le 04/09/2014 10:56, Mirek M. a écrit :
[...]
You can get forum activity sent to your e-mail: log into Redmine, click
"Watch" on the forums page, and make sure that, in your Account settings,
you have e-mail notifications for things you watch set.

You can't really work with that, it is just an alert by mail. The
message is send by "The Document Foundation Redmine
<generic@redmine.documentfoundation.org>", that is not a useful
information to follow a discussion.

The Design team has chosen Redmine because it's not only about discussion
but a whole workflow for them.
If you plan to become part of the team I really encourage you to read the
wiki and the tickets on Redmine to get the full picture of what they want
to achieve

We don't want to forward things to the mailing list, though, because we
want the conversations to happen in one place and don't want people to
reply on the list.

Hmm, looks like as if you wanted to keep discussions closed and private.
Ok, it will be easier to make decisions. Not sure that this way you can
make decisions useful for LibreOffice and its users.
What do you plan to make this forum discoverable ?

Lot of work is going on Redmine and even the marketing team is thinking
about a setting a similar workflow, so it's not private or separate, if a
team find it convenient to their worflow, it's only a tool.

We're getting rid of the list.
Not sure if design team is legitimate to decide that.
What do you plan to keep the list archive?

[...]
JBF who continues to think that forum is a very poor and bad
communication tool.

You should try it. :)

Instead of suggesting that I talk without knowing what I am talking
about, you should try to answer to my arguments against the use of forums.
Did you ever try a decent mail client? If you use a webmail, I can
understand why you prefer the forums. But the problem is not the use of
mailing-lists, it is how you manage your mails.

I don't think that Mirek was suggesting that :-) It has proven that the
workflow on the mailing list was not efficient enough for the design team,
so if Redmine is better for their work, there is no problem, on the
contrary, we want their beautiful work :).
We will change the information on the right places and will help others to
reach the team, that's not a problem.

Cheers
Sophie

--