I have been working on the editing of the color list shown to the users when changing the color of the text, border, etc., and in the Tools>Options>LibreOffice>Colors.

The first part of the list, is the standard colors, Then my work starts.

First - the Branded colors from the Branding page [unless it was changed recently].

Second - the newly created/edited shading for some basic colors - from dark to tinted-off-white. Reds, Blues, Light Blues, Yellows, Greens, and Purples.

After that, there is a "work in progress" section where named colors are grouped together by color names and their "shades" of a "standard color" - i.e. the whites and off whites, the blue-ish colors, the yellows, the different reds, and other groups of named fonts like Turquoise, Gold, Goldenrod, Brown, Orange, Violet, Pink, etc., etc..

Then there is a list of colors that have no names associated with them, and I am not making some up, so their names are listed as the RGB Hex code.

Then there are some more colors, and more colors.

So far, the current list has been edited to over 2,300 colors, instead of the basic ones that came with the "default" install of LibreOffice.

https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common/QA/New-Colors/standard.soc---March-01-2014--released.txt

For those who want to use this list of colors, you need to search the LO config folders for "standard.soc". Rename it as the "standard.soc--original-one.txt" and rename the new one as "standard.soc".

As I stated, the middle part is a "work in progress" to sort the named colors by color hue withing the color blocks, instead of the alphabetize name sorting. That alpha sort would place Dark Gold far from Gold and other names like that.

Yes, there are some colors repeated in the list, but if the repeated color is in a sequence of colors, then it stays in that sequence. There may be some colors that are in error with the name listed with a "wrong color" - like green27 shown as black - that my still need repairing, but I fixed all of the ones I could find. The named colors came from various color lists, so if Turquoise is slightly off whay you though it should be, then maybe the Turquoise 1 or 3 type of color is what you are use to. If there were the same color name, but different RGBs, I just added "1" or "a" to the second one.

So let me know what you think. Be kind with your remarks, please. I am doing this between bouts of heavy pain and "health issues". I am spending most of my usable "computer time" supporting LO and doing things like making a better color list for the LO users.