Hello,Would it be possible to postpone the roll-out date?Of course the final
decision is yours, but rolling out a website without considering all the
feedback given above would not be preferable I guess. At least adding some
screenshots and giving product/component specific information is essential I
think - for a software website. For mission specific purposes, there is
always TDF website.  And I see this thread is tagged "beta" referring to the
website design, I am not sure if any major changes done afterwards, but it
still looks exactly the same. So is it still beta, or reached
maturity?Regarding to earlier input, I do not recall any input request
before 21st of January, nor any design mock-up to work on. Please correct if
I am wrong. Best regards,Emir
Charles-H. Schulz wrote
Er... Thanks folks for your input. As the website will be rolled outnext
week, and that we requested this kind of feedback since, well,3 months for
some elements in 3 weeks for the "final" results, I suggestyou, the design
team, work on a later version of the website later thisyear and
incorporate the elements that have been listed below. We would have hoped
for your input much earlier in the process, nowit's a bit too late for
that.Thanks,Charles.Le Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:13:49 +0100,Stefan Knorr <

heinzlesspam@

> a écrit :> Hi all,> > so, first, I really like the new page,
especially the fact that it is> now responsive and looks much more modern.
Lato is a nice font, too.> And it finally feels a bit more personal than
the current page which> presents pretty models as our community.> > > just
to voice a few things of my own...> > On 25 January 2014 12:20, bitigçi
<

bitigchi@

> wrote:> > I wonder why the current shade of green which is already
hosted on> > the splash screen and wiki page? This one is too much dark
and> > without proper border gradients it looks like it's from 90s.
Again,> > this is needed for compatibility in all LO web and software> >
platforms. Seriously, why the need for a change? Splash screen> > green
shade is very easy on the eyes, and it is good looking. But> > this one
with white text is not the perfect choice.> > Right. The problem is that
the splash screen green was not part of our> palette before 4.0. And
compared to the rest of the palette, it does> look that way, too.> On the
other hand, I also understand your criticism -- the green is> indeed
pretty harsh. For me, it still works, though. (However, putting> that
green in the splash screen again though will not allow for being> subtle.
And yes, since our branding story should be aligned from> product to
website at some point, we would have to think about this.> That said, if
we're using that dark green, it would be much better to> use it for text &
logo instead of the background.)> > Anyway... One thing that does not work
is using small black text on> dark green. It doesn't contrast well at all.
Also, it reminds me of> this:>
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/mig/6/2/6/1/2236261-XboxOne1_20201_screen.jpg>
;) Wonder why they went with that -- It's actually much worse on a>
real-life poster.> > > Also white text on white background is a no-no,
it's literally an> > eye-killer.> > I guess you should explain where on
the page that was -- I couldn't> find it.> > > > Menus on top should be
opened automatically on mouse hover, it's the> > standard gesture in all
websites.> > +1. Also, hovering works with CSS only, for clickable menus
you need> JS. This means that currently, when disabling JS in the browser,
the> menu is needlessly broken. (It won't matter for the mobile page, as>
you can't disable JS in mobile browsers anyway.)> > > > Also as different
people already stated above, this website needs> > nice screenshots with
feature explanations, no one cares about what> > kind of sacred mission
LibreOffice has, people need a software that> > works.> > Yep. Marketing
to the 10 % (or less) of people that care about the> whole open-source &
community aspect is very important, but marketing> to the other 90 %
shouldn't be completely left aside..> > On a similar note: the footer
communicates to me that this community> is just overkilling it socially.
Nobody cares, and nobody actually> wants two Twitter feeds to load at the
bottom of every page (consider> page load times etc.).> Same with the
"follow us" thing -- two Twitter links, fine. Five? Why?> Also, the
presence of this bar could be reduced a little (smaller> headline on the
same line as the icons maybe?).> > A few other things:> + Some mentioned
the Get Involved page and the carousel there: I> personally don't think
this makes any sense. There is a limited number> (they are not changing
every week) of items and people are probably> only interested in one or
two very specific things. So, the page> should allow for selecting a
"career path" without having to wait for> the slides to animate through or
clicking through all slides which is> cumbersome.> > + Why is the header
LibreOffice logo grey? (That is actually not a> colour sanctioned in the
brand guide, white is allowed)> > + The text baseline between the top logo
and the top menu items seems> a little off (on Windows) maybe you could
correct that.> > + The font on the Download Now button on the homepage is
wrong (should> probably be Lato, but is Arial). Also, worse, it still lies
and only> links to the download page. See Mozilla.org for how it should be
(they> test(ed) this workflow _very_ meticulously, even down to comparing
the> effectiveness of different colours): http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>
(button links right to download, button has all the most important>
information)> > Best regards,> > Astron.> -- Charles-H. Schulz Co-founder,
The Document Foundation,Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 BerlinGemeinnützige
rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen RechtsLegal details:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprintMobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54
24.-- To unsubscribe e-mail to:

Problems?
guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NetiquetteList
archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/All messages
sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted