Hi all,

On 7 December 2013 22:11, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
I am concerned that thls call to postpone is rooted in unrealistic expectations and ultimately
makes us lose time while demotivating team members.

Well, I am kind of afraid to open this can of worms in this thread...
especially since I am now acting as a necromancer, too. ;)

LibreOffice has a certain tendency to ship with half-done or
(pessimistically speaking) half-broken features that get very little
attention in the next cycle, as the developer(s) has/have moved on
already to the next project. So, the developer tries to make sure that
the worst things are ironed out until x.x.2 or so and then just does
not have time for the feature anymore. After that, the hope usually is
that some (other) volunteer hacker might come around and do the rest
of the work. Of course, the problem with that thinking is that the
first 80 % of the work are done in 20 % of the time, so even if the
mythical helper comes out of the dark shadows, they are facing a
pretty big battle.
And that is where I think Michel wanted to go.

Of course there is at least two more aspects to this, one is
communication with design (where people are excitable and have also
moved on already, so the developer sometimes wants to reach us, but
nobody cares) and the too small beta testing community (which could
find problems before the cycle ends). <exaggeration>Of course, the
biggest features usually come in right before RC1.</exaggeration>

Astron.