mirek2 wrote
My rough draft:
The purpose of Impress is "to make it simple and quick to craft a slide
show to perfectly complement a speech."
Please comment on this.

Hi Mirek,
I always think of the ancient Greek and Roman forum and the idea of
appealing to the masses; reaching out to touch others. Taking an idea and
projecting it, both larger and to a wider audience. Impress is a sort of
amphitheatre for the mind and skywriting stylus for the hand. It enhances
live communication by augmenting and clarifying the conveyance of an idea.
The cliché would be to say it "brings to life" ... but please do not go
there.

Another aspect I suppose is the ability of Impress (being libre / open) to
transform communities by helping them assert a sense of unencumbered
identity and value. This is moreso the case with the presentation component
than any other component in an office suite. I personally feel this is an
undersold aspect of much libre / open software. Community is another
important aspect. Both are points of distinction from commercial products.
It is unsurprising that Apple promotes "simple" and "beautiful" as those are
their hallmarks. The Prezi statement is more interesting, focusing as it
does on "enabling" and "conversations".

I realise my offering here is all more marketing than features, such as the
"quick" and "simple" in your original rough draft. I will be interested to
see whether the overview / mission statement for Impress ends up being more
marketing or feature based.

My offering:
Impress is a projector for your mind. Transform personal ideas effortlessly
into visually compelling presentations for your community.

Kind regards, Owen.