Hi Kendy

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
http://pasteboard.co/2yzkqeXD.png

Hope it's OK; it should make it to RC2, so we will still have time to
revert this change should it turn out during testing that the icons are
annoying or anything.

We'll go through the rest of the issues too, but not 100% sure we will
make everything to RC3 - maybe some stuff will go to 4.2.1.

There can always be an RC4 if it is absolutely needed ;)

1) IMO the single word "Templates" doesn't fit with the other options.
"Open" and "Create" are two *verbs*, meaning two *actions*. It would make
much more sense "Use a Template" or "Create from Template".

2) I also think that "Create" should be "Create New:" (as opposed to "Create
from Template") (and yes, I know that creating a "New" document means using
the Default template ;) )

3) "Writer Document" and all the other file types should have a font size
smaller than the font of the action "Create New"

4) There is too much wasted space between icon tiles. On my netbook
(1024x600) I get two tiles and a LOT of white space (especially horizontal
space between tiles). Maybe you can reduce the horizontal space to fit in at
least 3 tiles in 1024 resolution?

Just my 4 cents :)

Cheers,
Pedro