On 11/20/2013 01:42 PM, Freecore F wrote:
Hello,

Sorry if im't not sending this to the right adresses...

First of all, I want to thank you devs and contributors for all the effort
you've been putting making this excellent free software, you're awesome!

I haven't found this feature: it would be great if you can export your own
dictionary (with the words you've add to it) from the UI to a file (I think
it would be a .oxt file) and making it easier to import it from another
computer.

And I wanted to know what would you think about changing an entry in the
context menu that shows when you right click a word that's incorrect and
you want to correct it, ignore it or add to your dictionary, here are the
context menu entrys:

Ignore
Ignore All
Add   << This one
AutoCorrect
Spelling and Grammar

I think it would be better if it says "Add to your dictionary", being this
a little more specific and friendly.

I'm really sorry for sending an email for such trifles, but I really think
it would make Libreoffice a little better, I hope it isn't much trouble.

Regards.

It takes a little more to make a "custom word" dictionary than just placing a word list into a .oxt file. I have made a few English dictionary add ons over the years, and believe me, it is not that easy.

Yes, it would be nice to have a good system to add to and edit a custom word list for LO to use, just in case you added a word to your list and then found out later it was not spelled correctly.

Contact me off the lists and I can walk you through the process of making a custom English dictionary .oxt file. You will see how much work it can take.

Tim L.
"webmaster@krackedpress.com"