Ok, I made another draft, this time a little bit more elaborated. Any
comments is greatly appreciated!

 Here are some of the features to look out for:

* The current css is for a wide screen (1000px+) screen.
* It's built entierly in em units. Change size by manipulating font-size in
body.
* Flow of divs is such that on large screens it will be three columns with
one main and a sidebar to the right. On tablets it will be one column with
tab-menu on top. For phones it will be a long list with navigation and
sidebar content on bottom, but with a nav-menu-button which contains a
anchor-link to the navigation on the bottom.
* Three levels of headers. For a normal site (non-wiki) I don't think its
wise to have more then three levels. I might add a fourth one if neccessary.
* Blog posts and comments follow a similar pattern with a gray inset/hook
with the content. I have not figured out how to design commenting and such.
* Paragraph headers and bullets follow the marketing pages color theme.
Since libreoffice website authors seems to love bullet-lists so much I made
one set of colored bullets (round) for shorter topics (6 color themes). I
also made paragraph headers, which are small short one-word headers which
enables building lists and hierachies without creating lists. All in all
there are now 3*6*2 = 44 (3 levels, 6 colors, 2 methods) different "list
bullet styles" which you can use.
* The font is Open Sans and Open Sans Condensed, accecced through Google
webfonts. This font was used on the branding/marketing first page of
LibreOffice site and I liked it.
* There is a brand formatting, so that in LibreOffice the Libre part is
green and the Office is black. Its implemented with a span wich you can
copy and paste. I dont't think it should be used that much, since it breaks
the reading flow. Could be fun sometimes though and perhaps something that
could be used at LibreOffice.org.

The "responsive" aspects are note complete. However, since everything is
done with em it scales very well. I have not yet tested it with images
though, which is tricker. The site structure is ready for it.

The requirement of All browser All devices is hard to test since I can only
test down to Internet Explorer 7 and latest Chrome & Firefox. I have no
smartphone so somebody else will have to test it on phones. I have not used
any shadows or similar fancy newer features which requires hacks.

Here is the link:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Planet_redesign.zip

/Oskar