Le 2013-06-28 11:34, Marc Paré a écrit :
This is a kind of re-post of a request I had made a few months ago.

I am wondering if any of the designers on this list would be interested
in working out some icons for the various sections on our release pages
where we already do not have any icons?

We are already using a variety of module icons to separate the sections
on the "Features" page, but, just for the sake of making it more
"pleasing to the eyes" it would be nice to have some icons for some of
the other section titles.

For example, on the 4.0 Features page
(http://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes/), the
top half of that page shows the larger sections where new features
appear and they pretty well occur in the various LibreOffice modules; we
are using the module icons to visually identify these sections.

If you go further down the page though, you will see that there are
sections, that normally recur on every other "Features" pages on our
site, but, where there are no identifying icons.

If someone on this list would be interested, would it be possible to
work out some icons for some of these titles? To start off, the ones
that come to mind are and are usually on each features pages that we
have made up are: Filters, GUI, Localization  It would also be nice to
have some kind of icon to represent: performance, API, bugs.

The idea behind this request is to make the page more appealing by
having a little more "designed" icons to dress up the various sections.

Cheers,

Marc

Actually, I now realize that there are icons on the BSA (Bug Submission Assistant)[1] that are already made up that could be used.

The BSA already has:

* Writer
* Calc
* Impress
* Draw
* Base
* Chart
* Documentation
* Extensions
* www
* Installation
* Formula Editor
* Printing and PDF Export
* Android Impress Remote
* LibreOffice (this on has our generic icon)

The BSA has the LibO generic icon as a placeholder for:

* localization
* linguistic
* LibreOffice Basic
* UI

I guess we should coordinate with these icons.

It would be nice if the last 4 placeholders had some meaningful icons, then we could also use these in the features web pages if/when needed.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

--