Axel,

This is not the best list for posting this kind of comments (discuss@ would be better) and other
than that, Libreoffice is an office suite, not printing software...

Best,

Charles.

Axel <axelist@lavabit.com> a écrit :
Pablo,

There is another area where LibreOffice need more promotion and work to

help the spread and this is related to the companies that are
developing
solutions for various industries, IMHO. For example, almost any big
company needs a lot of papers printed automatically from various
software solutions (reports, administrative documents, medical results
etc.). And those software applications need a reliable and, preferable,

free printing distribution software server to work with. In order to
respond quickly using customizable offerings, there are used usually
Word templates that are populated dynamically with info from databases
by custom developed server applications. But Word is not optimized at
all for concurrent access and is not reliable. And here LibreOffice
could get an opportunity.

If anyone from LibreOffice could "build a ready to use" automatic
printing solution to be integrated easy with other apps that may use it

(this meaning: selected and exhaustive documentation for this task
completed with code samples to speed up the integration, short
presentations how to use it this way and the benefits etc.) this could
be promoted to software companies to use it together with their
applications. Just imagine that their customers are buying an
application that needs to solve a part of their activity workflow and
they don't care if the document editing and distribution solution is MS

Office or LibreOffice as time as it is doing well the job. But the
vendor cares about it because its offering is few thousand dollars less

if they don't need Word licenses to be present on customer's
workstations and server(s). And this way, LibreOffice may spread in
companies where it wouldn't enter other way.

Axel