Hi Jena-Francois,

On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 10:11 +0100, Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote:
On the same goal and idea, I had suggested a *loooong* time ago on the
French OOo lists to create a set of keyboard shortcuts that would help
the MS-Word power users switching to Writer.

Beginners and standard users can switch quite easily. They haven't a
thorough knowledge of the tool and usually just use the menus to get to
the functionalities they need (argh!).

Power users have long understood that the keyboard is a tool of
productivity. Thus, they use keyboard shortcuts widely. As Word and
Writer have different sets of shortcuts (at least they had when I left
MS-Word alone, a long time ago), it could be an interesting work to port
the Word shortcuts into Writer. We could then offer an easy transition
that would fill a big gap for these people, helping them to switch tools
more quickly.

What do you think? Do I miss something?

IIRC we already have some configuration option for Excel-compatible
shortcuts in Calc. We could do the same with Word/Writer... but a list
of the shortcuts to implement will be needed as I am no Word
power-user ;)

--
Cedric