Hello there,

as you probably know, LibreOffice bundles a number of fonts with itself.
On last week's ESC call, there were discussions of including more... So,
here's an attempt to start a font wishlist to see what we'd like to
include in the future. Feel free to add to:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Wishlists/Fonts
Of course, there are no guarantees that any of these fonts will make it
into the product, but hopefully some will.

A few remarks:
Please check if the font is under an open-source license, ideally OFL.
(I am not sure, we can bundle GPL fonts, though.)

Please make sure at least Latin Extended characters are supported –
there's not much use in shipping fonts that barely support ASCII. Bonus
points for any further scripts, especially Greek and Cyrillic.

Please look for professional-looking fonts, we probably don't want to
bundle something that looks as amateurishly done (kerned for instance)
as Comic Sans.

Please check font appearance on Windows – Windows's ClearType can be
rather aggressive and many, many fonts don't look good at small sizes
with it. Also, Windows can only apply greyscale hinting for Type-1 based
OpenType fonts – this also deteriorates looks.

Astron.

(PS: Yes, I will put the wiki page's contents into a table soonish.)