On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Stefan Knorr <heinzlesspam@gmail.com>wrote:

Hi Kendy,

No problem there - just give me the RGB values we should use, and I'll
put it there :-)

I experimented with it and thought 213,218,224 looked good. But no
doubt, Mirek has an opinion on that... which we probably best hear
before changing it, too.

I'd prefer something color-neutral. 213,213,213 or 224,224,224 or anything
color-neutral in between would be ok with me.

This might be harder - the handling of the color settings is much more
complex than it should be, so not sure if I manage to do it in time for
Beta3, and I am off for vacation after that; let's see.

In that case, it might be best to leave the background as is for 3.6 (I
think it's quite alright, so no real urgency to fix it and in
consequence rub the other two problems in the user's face).
Should I file bugs about the ruler bg and the Start Center bg staying
the same, then?

Anyway... I just noticed another sign of breakage that does need to be
fixed: toolbars which are undocked or docked to the side/bottom: these
still use the old-style gradient. I think it would be best to colour
them (solidly) with the colour that's at the bottom of the toolbar.
Else, the gradient from the top would repeat itself – which I don't
think would look very attractive.
(Again, I can file a bug about that.)

Thanks for your quick answer,
Astron.