Hi Jan, all,

If I may, I'd like to slip in a few ideas here. They're some really
simple improvements, but improve the usability, at least for me.

1. Mirek's Citrus mockup shows a really nice background color. And it
can be used in LibreOffice just by changing a few settings.

Go to Tools-Options, on the Color page of the LibreOffice section, add
a custom color, RGB 227,227,223.

Then go to the Appearance page and change the following settings:

Application background to RGB 227,227,223
Text boundaries to RGB 227,227,223
Shadows to RGB 227,227,223 (this changes the shadow around the
document to the same color effectively eliminating the shadow)

2. On my user page, I've created and posted an soc file containing an
updated color palette. Just paste this file over the default palette
to use it. The colors can be changed of course. The main point here is
that there is some logical organization in the palette.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Rmfaile

3. Change the toolbar icon view to large icons in the Options dialog.

4. Add the 'Comment' command to the standard toolbar using the
Customize dialog. Helpful especially for Writer.

5. Change the default font to something that is open source.

Ron