Hello,

Mirek just updated his proposal and like most of what he does I likes
it [1]<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Color_Handling#Proposal_by_Mirek2>.
at first I did not like how little colors he added to the palette but when
I looked at it closer I had a thought. unless I need a specific color, when
I choose colors for anything I will probably chose one of three colors.
something that is not too bright or neon (I hate neon colors on white, I
think they only look good on black or dark backgrounds) then it
will probably be light red, red, dark red or light blue, blue, dark blue. I
like how besides the top gradient he has three of each color, light middle
dark.

I do not know why but I did not like the idea of putting palettes in the
color picker till I saw his new mockups
[2]<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/7/7d/C-menu.png>.
most likely seeing what would/could go in there. I also like that he put
the custom color and color management options in the pallet drop down. this
got me thinking that we could put the custom color, document colors and the
resent colors under pallet menu. and being contextual it would be good to
not show the custom color til you make some, document colors til the
document has different colors the Default and the resent colors til the
user has presently chosen something different. also being contextual the
different pallets should not share colors e.g. text and highlight colors
are different as in my mockup
[3]<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/f/f1/Color_picker_1.PNG>
.

One thing that I think would be good for us to do would be to define some
color palettes. for example what is the LibreOffice palette, in my mockup
[3] <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/f/f1/Color_picker_1.PNG> would
we call that something like the rainbow palette. I do not know of any other
palettes we would use, maybe the metro or chrome palettes (just neat names
for theatrical palettes)

some questions I have about Mirek's mockups though. whats with the "X" and
"+" in the top left corner of the color picker. I image that when defining
a new color the "+" would add it and the "X" would delete it. if this is so
then should it be under all palettes or just the custom color palette where
you actually would add and delete them.  why do they disappear when
you add a color to the custom color palette
[4]<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/8/8b/C-custom.png>
[5] <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/2/2d/C-add.png>? also why
does the palette selector disappear when you add a color to the custom
palette. was this just a mess up when making?

Mirek I really like what you have done.

Cheers,
Andrew