Hello there,

Shameless plug from my side: I think that Jonathan might be putting the
"carriage before the horses" here , to use an old french word. First,
let's all remember that the porting work to Android is far from being
over. In fact it's hardly started. Second, there has been an exploratory
design job that's been started here, by the UX/Design team, as a set of
concepts for a future tablet, touch-based interface, and I think we may
first want to continue refining and exploring that path before
developing an actual interface.

Simply put: Jonathan's work is rather premature. We have nothing to base
its interface on, and it might be better to keep the UX/Design team
active on existing tasks and to-dos rather than having its efforts spent
in something that cannot / will not work for a long time.

Best,
Charles.