Hello

I'm also convinced it would be a nice feature to have, but the drawback
would be increasing complexity of the interface and complexity of
implementation (I said "performance" on IRC which is only part of the
problem).

how complex is having both my custom colors and the colors used in the
document. besides the way I see it, the document colors would
only appear when there is different colors then black #0000FF. so only the
people who change the colors to something would even see this part of the
color picker. and those who do have multiple colors may appreciated not
having to recreate that exact blue they need.

I think we all agree that we need a solution to re-use a color that is used
in the document and that is not present in the palette.

why not? where else would it go, where else would you expect it to be. I
would only expect such a feature to be in the color picker.

IMHO, in most cases, the user wants to re-use a color of an element of the
document that he actually sees.
I the mockup I suggested, you have to select the element, click "other",
add this color to your palette, and then apply it.

so under your mockup/idea, you think that the user should select some text
that is company blue, then go to the color picker > more colors > add to
custom colors then go to where ever else they want to use that blue and
then select it and then change its color to the blue in their custom
colors... that is way to complicated for any user to have to go though to
reuse the same color, even if they only have to do it once. secondly what
if you give me a doc to work on, I do not want to have all of your colors
saved in my custom colors.

It's sub-optimal, but it's rather easy to implement and it's already a
significant improvement over the current situation.

anything is better then our current color picker, expectantly seance you
have to predefined them in the programs options menu.

I'm really convinced that we should have a realistic approach so that we
can have quickly in the code changes that make a bit difference.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

Cheers,
Andrew