Hi everyone,
I'd like to rethink the whole icon design process. Based on the last few
days, I feel that a lot of icon proposals were drafted cursorily, without
really giving thought to their function, to our current icons, to relevant
art from other applications, or to Android icons. I also feel like our
discussions could be more productive, delving deeper to find and fix the
smallest issues.
So I'm proposing an entirely new design process, focused on a single topic
each week. This week's topic are *Align left*, *Align right*, and *Align
center *icons, which should be relatively easy to design. The deadline for
submitting drafts is this Saturday (wherever you happen to be, don't worry
about the time zone). You're also welcome to add links to images of prior
art if a certain alignment icon caught your eye. (All the submitted icon
drafts so far are still up on the wiki and we'll bring them up again.)
We'll then analyze the rough drafts and work on the final icons.