Hi Christoph,

Le 23/01/12 22:07, Christoph Noack a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I hope some of you might remember that there was someone called
Christoph sending mails to this list ;-)

Sure !
Happy to finally have news from you

To be serious, there have been some changes in my private and
professional life that make it currently rather difficult to spend that
much time for this project. I'm sad about that, although the changes are
more than fine (having a wonderful small boy to spend time with, and
changing my job - the new one being even more UX-ish than ever before,
although it requires much more driving each day).

That said, and since I did not contribute anything "wow" to any of the
discussions or bug reports, I think it is inappropriate to keep the role
"Design Team Lead, User Experience" any longer. So thanks to everyone
who either initiated the voting for that role, and everyone who
expressed their support during the voting. I already felt free to remove
that description from the Design Team wiki page [1].

Now, I see two "N.N." who need to be filled in the mid-term ... so what
do you think? How to go on? Anybody there who might accept to guide the
direction of this team?

What actions/responsabilities are expected from the leader ?
What is expected to apply ?

Would it be possible to have 2 people ?
Il would allow them to share the pressure, the decisions, the knowledge, and also one can take some rest without disturbing the project.

Currently, I hope to be much more helpful by working on the pile of
issues assigned to me, helping on the ux-advise list ... and looking at
some of the open discussions of the past weeks. For example, it would be
nice to know how to continue with smaller and general (seriously
developed) UI improvements people ask for regularly.

And IMHO, it would be also nice if those small UI improvement can fit nicely in a general roadmap. Anyway, I'm happy you can still continue to spend some time in this project.

Back to what has been achieved - I was really stunned when I've looked
at the LibreOffice 3.5 features (release notes) page. I think the
LibreOffice community can be really proud of its achievements - some
people actively working on visual design and UX stuff. So let's go on
with that part of the story :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

Michel