Hi Klaus-Jürgen, everyone reading,

first of all, I'm explicitly adding Erich, since he originally made
the request, so please CC all when replying. Second, sorry for
answering so late.

For now I want to open the discussion and - of course - the hunt for
proposals ;-)

Current activity on this list suggests there's no real need to wait
for many more proposals (I'd love to be proven wrong, though). So,
among the really attractive banners you came up with, these are the
ones I like best:
Banner_slogan_728_90_blue.png
Banner_slogan_728_90_blank.png
Banner_motif_728_90_green2.png
Banner_motif_728_90_blue2.png
Banner_motif_728_90_black.png
Banner_motif_728_90_blank.png

There are a few niggles, I have, mostly:
* where you use the "flat"/"non-modern" logo, the word Office still
looks "engraved," I think it shouldn't be
* the green area around the arrow after "Download" should probably use
the same colour as the background and it should also look sharper (?)

At some point we should decide for two or three official banners (a
light one, a dark one, maybe something in between). And also, it might
be handy if you did one of the smaller versions (150*150/250*250)
earlier, I guess, these will be more needed (although I don't exactly
know).

I saw that you made the (R) in our logo optional in your SVG, I guess
we shouldn't use that (our Branding page in the wiki at least doesn't
mention anything about this). It'd be great though, if we had more
insight here. Maybe Charles can help?

Astron.