Hi Alex, all,

there are new icons in the Start Center now, but only on Master (i. e.
what will be 3.6).

Now, here's what I did: I pushed most of my icons, with the exception
of the "i" icon where I simply used a scaled-down version of your
icon.
I have not yet asked for a cherry-pick to 3.5 as there are quite a few
icons that should be changed along with the Start Center icons (many
folder icons, some extension icons, some template icons) -- most of
those need to be 16*16, which is where things are really getting a bit
complicated.
Also, the icons (that I pushed) themselves don't feel quite finished
yet. My plan is still a bit unclear, I think the safe choice would be
delaying the new start centre stuff to 3.6...dunno.

I know my communication with you on this matter is not quite ideal (to
put it nicely). My apologies for that. I am not trying to humiliate
you here, please know that your contributions are appreciated.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Alexander_Wilms#Stuff

The folder icon is pretty much the same as Stefans. I am still wondering whether the small
template icon would be too hard to recognize.

Okay, some feedback, finally:
Hm, you scaled all the icons to 26*26, respectively 34*34, what I
really meant was that the 1px border should be contained in the
24/32px size already. Next, some of the icons you did look quite fuzzy
(you noticed that yourself with the Add Templates icon). The general
rule is that while some elements are naturally fuzzy (circles or
slopes for example) and we can't do much, all others should align as
much as possible to the given pixel grid.
Thus, for the spiral binding of the Templates icon, the best thing to
do is reduce the number of spiral "segments" in the icon, so each of
those segments is exactly n pixels high (I chose a height of one
pixel, using two would be possible but the result would seem overly
unrealistic).

A few remarks about your Add Extensions icon: first, purple does seem
to work out (unlike brown, which I've checked [1]) [2], but turning
the puzzle piece on the head doesn't work at all, sorry, the relation
to the TDF document icon is completely lost there.

Regards,

Astron.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/6/68/Down-brown-exten.svg
[2] I hope Christophe from a11y is fine with the contrast here, so I'll CC him.