Aside from the issue that Canonical insists on having the launcher on the left, customizing the LO
UI shouldn't be a problem. Currently VCL/Gtk allows moving toolbars and this functionality is
existent in pure gtk+-apps like inkscape, too. Also moving the insert bar wouldn't interfere with
the citrus UI concept, at least from my point of view.

Alex

---- On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 15:50:30 +0100 Bhaavan Merchant <bhaavanmerchant@gmail.com> wrote
----

I loved the Citrus UI mockups, and am looking forward to have them
implemented in Libreoffice.

However, my concern is that I currently use Ubuntu Unity 11.10. This has a
launcher on the left side which basically is in a autohide mode, and will
appear on my mouse-hover to that side. Now, in the citrus UI, if i want to
use the left panel, and I move the mouse to the left, my unity launcher bar
will appear out of nowhere, and overlap the libreoffice bar. This might
make it ergonomically difficult for people to use the left bar.

I havent used Gnome 3 much, but perhaps even that has a similar behaving
left bar.

Bhaavan Merchant