Hi Alexander,

I just checked the current release notes for 3.5 and noticed that the new handles were already
mentioned. Thanks to Astron, Micheal and Tim :).

Yup. Michael said I should do it. And I did.
Anyway, I would have loved to hear some feedback from you (as you
proposed the change). By the way, Postler apparently did munch your
mail – you only posted once when you said you triple-posted.

Another one of my suggestions was to include a dialogue to customize a table style. Thats my
mock-up: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Alexander_Wilms#Mock-ups

What to you think? Is there anything that should be changed? If not, what should I do in order to
convince a dev to actually code this? And would it be possible to code it once and use it in
Calc, Impress and Writer (and maybe Base, haven't used it yet)?

a) I am not a dev (IANAD), but while the dialogue itself (i. e. the
graphical representation) could most likely be reused in all
applications, I guess that much of the rest would have to be
implemented two or three times.

b) I like your idea, but please take a look at the current
implementation of this feature in Draw/Impress: on the right sidebar,
click "Table Design." I think it is more intuitive (because its
changes are immediate and it's also closer to the actual table without
getting in the way) and all it really needs is a little separate
colour chooser dialogue where you can select three colours (header,
light bands, dark bands), so people can choose non-standard colours.
Your mock-up on the other hand is really a bit complicated (and will
in some cases lead users to not very attractive end results (too many
colours). In that it kind of reminds of the (awesome, no doubt, but
very overbearing) Edit → Duplicate dialogue of Impress.
I think our best bet to get something like Impress's feature
implemented in Calc and Writer would be to port Impress's sidebar
implementation to these applications.

Astron.