Hi Bernhard,

On 11.10.29 10:24, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi all,

I'm very sorry that I have to announce this:

I can't spend my time on LibreOffice any more.

During the last weeks (to be honest: even the last months) I only read this list and some of the others I'm subscribed to, but my replies became very rare.

I tried for a very long time to avoid compromising my private life with my LibreOffice (and previously OpenOffice.org) activities. But looking on my life I have to confess, that this didn't really work out.

From now on I will try to spend more time with the most important people in my real life: my children and my friends. Even if I like being here very much, real life is more important - and if you understand that you have to spend your time wisely, your decision is clear...

I'm not the one to reduce my activities until a certain amount of work: It turned out in the past that I had been as active as before (or even more) after a few week's time.

So I have to stop all my LibreOffice activities and hope that you keep up the great work you already do.

It has been very much fun to be a part of this community.
I learned quite a lot during the 6 or 7 years of in the OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice community (I improved not only my English), but the most important part of the work here is to meet not only co-workers, but friends.

I'm leaving very reluctantly, but as the day has less than 30 hours to work, I know that my decision is the right one.

Thank you that I could be part of such a great community - and a design team that starts to become more and more important inside this community.

Best regards

Bernhard

We are grateful for having been able to borrow as much of your time as we did. And /in/ that time you achieved soooo much and
inspired the rest of us to try and keep up. You have a lot to be proud of.

For the outside world, your contributions changed the way millions see LibreOffice (and OpenOffice.org before that). Within this list, you've single-handedly redefined the concept of "dedication" for many of us. You've been a leader who led by inspiring and by doing the hard work when no one else could, or would. The best kind of leader.

Your's is a "retirement" well earned!
The rest of us can only hope we accomplish as much as you did, as well as you did it. Some of us you can consider "friends", the rest of us you can consider "fans".

We'll miss you man.
-Nik