Hi David, all,

David Nelson schrieb:
Hi Marc,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>  wrote:
I think we discussed this at some point, but I can't seem to find the
discussion thread. A user has asked if we had something similar to what was
offered on the OOo site[1]. [...]

If we don't have any such page with buttons, could we have someone work out
a few on a wiki page for user reference? IMO, I would prefer if these were
offered up the same way as the OOo buttons. The sizes on the OOo page seem
adequate. It would be nice if we even had some for the upcoming conference
too!

There have been some work on web buttons in the past - Drew created some for official TDF/LibreOffice pages:
http://www.paintedfrogceramics.com/oucv/libreoffice/images/contemp/buttons.html

As far as I know there are no buttons with the new logo (without TDF subline) available at the moment - and as these buttons would be the only ones to be placed on external sites, I'd suggest to add only such buttons to the button gallery:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Buttons

I remember a discussion on reasonable sizes for buttons and banners here on the list, but I didn't find it right now.

I think this would be a great initiative. Personally, rather than
sticking them on a wiki page, I'd put them on a sub-page of the "About
Us" section of the libreoffice.org website.

When we provide code snippets to include in external sites, the referenced graphics should be available for a reasonable time from the same place. This is more likely on the website than on the wiki (even in the short period until a button replaced by a different graphic can be reverted in the wiki the external sites could look quite different than we want them to...).

But such web buttons should be defined as "official" before they are uploaded to the website - therefore let's start at the wiki.

If no-one else steps forward, I'd be happy to work on this at sometime
in the near future.

We could provide several sets of buttons, so don't hesitate to contribute to this topic.

I imagine buttons with the "non-TDF" logo and our unique shape with the "cut-off" corner - but I'll probably will not be able to spend a lot of time on them...

Best regards

Bernhard