Hi John, all,

John Shabanowitz schrieb:
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:46 AM, David
Nelson<commerce@traduction.biz>wrote:

Hi, :-)

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 05:56, Jean Hollis
Weber<jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 22:01 -0400, John Shabanowitz wrote:
I was going through the settings on Wordpress.com and saw the
settings to upload graphics to use as IPad app icons. Wordpress
will use those icons for IPad users to display the blog
webpage. Wordpress will allow an iPad user to have a link to
the site on their desktop like an app. LibreOffice does not
work on iOS yet, but it does work on OSX. I can resize any
graphics that have been approved, to fit the requirements of
wordpress. Are there graphics we can use?

Apart from the Marketing/Branding page you mentioned, it would be
a good idea to post to the Design team's list, where - as Jean said
- Bernard and co can suggest and validate graphics, colors and
other aspects. HTH.

Thanks for pointing here, as we haven't been able to finish the work on our galleries containing graphical resources for internal and external visual representation of LibreOffice:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Visual_Elements

[...]

We're working on the libodocs.wordpress.com blog for the
documentation team. We're looking for graphics to use on the blog for
iPad users. Can you help?

If I understand you right, you need an icon to be used on iPad desktops as direct link to the documentation blog http://libodocs.wordpress.com/

Do you want to use a similar icon on the blog itself?

While on the blog it would be no problem to use the main application icon (like this one: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Libo-list-icon.png), for iPads the question is a bit different:

We need to avoid some misinterpretations:
1) The icon does not open LibreOffice locally on the iPad.
2) The icon does not link to the official LibreOffice homepage.
3) The icon does not link to the main LibreOffice blog.

So the icon needs to identify the link target as
- web based
- being a blog
- dedicated to the documentation team.

Adding some graphics inside the document symbol could interfere with the branding guidelines (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding), because the application icons is just a refined symbol from the logo.

For such a dedicated design it would be important to know the size of other icons on iPad, so we can include the possibility for more or less details our ideas and drafts.

Does anybody know about the size for standard iPad application icons?

Best regards

Bernhard