Hi

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 00:22 +0200, Bernhard Dippold wrote:

Hi all,

the producer of the commercial DVD-box I presented the cover some time
ago [1], OpenSourcePress, did ask us, if we want to add a flyer (fixed
size) inside the box as an advertisement for the community.

As it is in German I presented my first thoughts to the de-list, but the
design should be discussed here.

In my eyes the flyer would be more impressive, if I could have reduced
the amount of text, but the three points I added there are so important,
that I didn't know what to remove.

These points are:
Who are the guys behind LibreOffice?
A foundation for LibreOffice
Who pays the work?
(including the question: Do you want to contribute?)

I stayed with the motif in different sizes, contrasts and cut-off parts:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Community_flyer_10x18cm_page1.png

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Community_flyer_10x18cm_page2.png

My question to you:
Do you think such a flyer can represent our community?
Do we need some iterations and improvements?

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I added the SVG sources for download - neither the previews nor the
SVG representation in Firefox show the right image...

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/5/5c/Community_flyer_10x18cm_page1.svg

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/f/f4/Community_flyer_10x18cm_page2-4.svg

(sorry, kept the version in the file name - and by adding a comment, it
seems that I removed the file actually.... strange :-( )

Other than my German is horrible, I like the general feel of the flyer
and what I could understand its general content.
--
Jay Lozier
Jslozier@gmail.com