Hi Nik, Christoph, all,

Christoph Noack schrieb:
Hi Nik, all!

Am Freitag, den 15.04.2011, 02:12 +1000 schrieb Nik:
Bernhard, Daniel, all...

[... all having not enough time to do all they want for LibO ...]

I've uploaded the variations (Horizon and Stream) as PNG and SVG files
to the Motif page;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Motif#FINAL_MOTIF
They are in the table beneath the main Scatter Design (Bunch).

Cool, thanks!

Bernhard, you mentioned when the Motif was finalised that it may be a
good idea to use only the Bunch Design for now and consider the other
variations for future releases.
I think that was a very pragmatic suggestion and I think it would be
better if we used only one Design for now.

Same on my side - I think we should start to learn using one design
consistently (consistency and a common visual impression have been one
of the reasons to start the motif selection, I think) instead of using
all of them. If we select another motif variant, then IMHO there should
be a topic change as well.

I think we're all on the same side - even if we didn't mention it explicitly during the voting, "Scatter" has been seen (at least by me) as the Bunch version.

If somebody voted for it only because of it's versatility and the different versions, please tell us.

I've uploaded them all because I didn't want to delay anyone's efforts.
But if you decide that it would be better to only offer 1 Design for
now, please remove the other variations I've just uploaded so that
people don't use different versions haphazardly.

I think it is good and reasonable to provide source files even for design variants, drafts and mock-ups that didn't get approval as official or main branding elements.

They should be positioned in an area where this difference is clearly understood, so our intention to provide only the "official" resources for public presentation will not be foiled.

Such artwork and design might become the basis for future design or (because people like them better) find their way on some user's desktops, so the sources should be available.

[...]

We might simply mark them "for future use, please use Scatter instead" -
Bernhard, might that work?

"Please spread LibreOffice by using the officially approved graphical elements - so our public recognition stays consistent and grows by people's knowledge of our basic visuals"

(or something like that)

I'd provide only the Bunch version of Scatter on the main Motif page - all the other proposals and versions should be stored in the "design proposals" or "design ideas" area.

Best regards

Bernhard